Perl modules (license: distributable)

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sun Apr 23 22:30:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 16:04 +0100, Jose Pedro Oliveira wrote:

> License: distributable
> - ----
> perl-Lingua-EN-Inflect-Number - Distributable

Attempted to communicate with upstream author, no response. Code has not
been touched since 2004. Unfortunately, this is a hard requirement for
Maypole. jpo approved this:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-July/msg01489.html

Debian thinks this is GPL or Artistic, I think it is safe to assume they
heard from the author at some point:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/libl/liblingua-en-inflect-number-perl/liblingua-en-inflect-number-perl_1.1-1/liblingua-en-inflect-number-perl.copyright

> perl-Class-DBI-Loader-Relationship - Distributable

Same author as Lingua::EN::Inflect::Number. Code has not been touched
since 2004, hard requirement for Maypole.

Debian thinks this is GPL or Artistic, I think it is safe to assume they
heard from the author at some point:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/libc/libclass-dbi-loader-relationship-perl/libclass-dbi-loader-relationship-perl_1.2-1/libclass-dbi-loader-relationship-perl.copyright

I emailed the author again, but it looks safe to follow Debian here.

> perl-UNIVERSAL-exports - Distributable

This should be GPL or Artistic. Looks like Debian managed to get a
response from the author at some point, based on this post, and the
current copyright setting:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/libu/libuniversal-exports-perl/libuniversal-exports-perl_0.03-8/libuniversal-exports-perl.copyright

Unless anyone is opposed to following Debian, I'll make these changes
soon.

Thanks,

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!