Free Software audit update

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 21 06:23:00 UTC 2006

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/motif.html) or open source software
>> (http://www.opengroup.org/openmotif/faq.html) and should be removed from
>> the distribution.
> Yes, OpenMotif is not a copyright nor a legal issue. It's a religious
> one. It's licence doesn't meet the some people's "confession/belief"

It doesnt meet one of our primary objectives within the project which is
to be a Free software distribution. There is no legal issues against
including gratis proprietary software in Fedora either. Hey, we might
even be able to play mp3 by default and make ESR happy but we choose to
stick with our ideals and no our ideals are not based on any "religious"
fights.

Rahul