Free Software audit update

Michael Tiemann tiemann at redhat.com
Tue Aug 22 03:37:57 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 05:30 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>  If I was "religious on OpenSource", I was using Debian,
> and not wasting my time on Fedora.

If you like their brand of religion.  Many don't.

> If Fedora is heading down the same lane, there isn't much reason for
> Fedora to exist.

You forget that Fedora participants have an inside track on seeing their
stuff become enterprise-ready.  Some people actually care about seeing
their code running in mission-critical environments.  And some people
actually appreciate the close interaction with Red Hat's engineers that
comes as a result in working in the same tree we do.  So Fedora is the
best of both worlds (free software and proto-enterprise).