Free Software audit update

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Aug 31 14:03:48 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 08:43:40AM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> Patches welcome.

It seems to me that before making -devel parallel installable, openmotif
and lesstif should be split similarily, at least the -devel packages
should be similar.

And if it amounts to putting .so links and headers in subdirectories I am
not convinced that the gain is worth the changes in the packages compiled
against lesstif/motif and the pain for those wanting to compile something
against a Motif library.

We should first try to know if there are really users that need to compile
against lesstif and openmotif. My personal view is that people favor one or
the other. And those interested in both are skillfull enough to install
the one that they don't get from fedora (or a repo where openmotif will be)
by any mean the like.

If that is not true, and there is a real need for parallel installable,
so let's try, but this should be carefully considered.

--
Pat