Summary from yesterdays (mini) FESCo meeting

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Fri Dec 29 16:14:39 UTC 2006

Ville =?utf-8?q?Skytt=C3=A4?= <ville.skytta at iki.fi> writes:
> On Friday 29 December 2006 16:00, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> The decision went towards a proposed new rule: "the reviewer has to at
>> least mention that he checked the license, if the sources match upstream
>> and 5 other points he checked when approving a package".

> I don't think this makes much sense.  How many points does the one then
> subsequently reviewing that the package was reviewed properly have to add?

I agree that this sounds like pointless pedantry.  It would be
reasonable to list all these things in the guidelines for reviewers,
if they aren't already.  But requiring reviewers to (in effect)
copy-and-paste the guidelines in every approval message is a waste of
storage space and readers' time.

			regards, tom lane