Summary from yesterdays (mini) FESCo meeting

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Dec 30 17:43:09 UTC 2006

On Saturday 30 December 2006 12:36, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Don't forget that they have to actively fill the check list with
> values. It's like a pre-flight check. The pilot and co-pilot could
> just nod to each other and say "all good". Or they could have a
> check-mark after a given list of items to check.
>
> And that's what quality control is: You get a list of specs to check
> and return in the checklist with your signature underneath. If the
> bananas were rotten and you check-marked bananas as OK, you're
> fired.

And whats to stop people from using a pre-filled out checklist to copy/paste?
Seriously you're just adding extra paperwork to fix a problem without
actually fixing the problem.  Whats next?  Enforce a datestamp in each "OK"
field?

> Whereas now you have the situation "What? pyo files are included now?
> Why should I know, I read the guidelines 3 months ago ..."

And these same people are going to notice one extra line in a checklist, when
they're going through doing Yes, yes, yes, yes...  I've done the checklist
thing, I've tried adding new lines in the checklist (for a QA department, an
actual QA department looking at physical things).  The only way to get them
notices is to announce and discuss them in appropriate channels so that the
QA folks knew it was there, otherwise it gets lost in the already too large
sea of checks.  I've played this game, I don't want to play it again.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora