beagle

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jan 12 19:52:29 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 12 janvier 2006 à 14:24 -0500, Jeff Spaleta a écrit :

> The fact that poppler-utils only pulls in cmdline utlities helps
> mitigate the complexity of the issue, but I'm still not convinced that
> turning a runtime optional utility like pdfinfo into a hard
> requirement is a good idea as general policy with regard to how
> optional runtime options are treated in packaging. In my perfect
> world, runtime optional dependancies would be treated as runtime
> optional dependancies and not hard requirements.

So you would have every package with runtime deps (or depending on one
or several other packages with runtime deps) have runtime behaviour
depending on which combo of n-level optional runtime deps is present on
the system ?

Looks a great way to multiply the QA charge by several orders of
magnitude.

--
Nicolas Mailhot