Mass rebuild of core packages coming soon

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jul 7 21:23:26 UTC 2006

On Friday 30 June 2006 15:47, Jesse Keating wrote:
> I've been requested to rebuild every Core package for a few reasons.
>
> 1) rpm signing w/ sha256sum
> 2) New toolset feature to speed up dynamic lib linking by 50%~
> 3) get all packages built through new build system (brew)
>
> We're waiting for some stuff to finalize upstream, but would like to
> start on the building next week.
>
> Please give me a list of packages you'd prefer I didn't build and I'll
> blacklist them from my massbuild scripts.

Looks like the sha256sum stuff will make FC6, so we're just rebuilding for
brew and the binutils / libtool stuff.  We're still waiting on upstream
approval on the toolset changes, and thus we are waiting on the rebuild.  It
is still coming.  See Jeremy's email about the slip.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora