Vote on your name choice for FC6!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 6 14:17:58 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Friday 06 October 2006 05:01, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>> Then again, it'd be even more interesting if the surveys were being done
>> using open source software, directly on a Fedora branded website too.  ;o)
>
> It slipped my mind this time around, but a lot of work was done on the Fedora
> account system to allow for voting, it was needed for the FESCO elections.  I
> had completely forgotten about this and went with what RH uses for surveys
> like we did last time.  Next time we vote on a name it will be done through
> the Fedora account system.

Using the account's system would mean that only people who have signed
the CLA would be able to vote for the name. Atleast for this release,
the voting while in progress where mentioned in Planet Fedora and other
places, so I believe many others who were not in the account system
might have participated. If the idea is to limit the votes to only
contributors, the account system would be ok, otherwise setting up
something else in fedoraproject.org is better. Maybe Plone would help here.

Rahul