Finding unowned and multiply-owned directories

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sun Oct 8 15:06:37 UTC 2006

NM> I can't help noticing the intended test and output is awfully
NM> similar to the one in:
NM> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/comps/comps-cleanup.xsl?root=extras

I thought that was about comps, merging together the core and extras
comps file and detecting some irregularities there.  As far as I can
tell it doesn't work in the realm of individual files and directories
in the distro.

NM> Are you using the same tech or something totally different?

That's some XSL stuff, which I understand absolutely nothing about.
My script is a bit of Perl.  They both operate on XML, I guess, but any
similarity in output is purely coincidental since I've not seen the
output of comps-cleanup.xsl.  I suppose its possible that someone
could write some other XSL stuff which does the same thing as the Perl
I cooked up, in which case it was still an interesting exercise for me.

 - J<