Agressive FUD by Fedora contributor

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 09:37:04 UTC 2006

On 10/16/06, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
> Chris, Axel,
>
> Can we please either have a constructive discussion or may I request
> that you fight this out by private mail instead?
>
> Time to end this flamefest.

I am trying my best to be constructive here Hans.

I very much want to end the flamebait parts of this thread, but it
takes two to make that happen.  I sincerly hope we can concentrate on
the real issues.  But what I consider a real issue seems to be
different than what Axel considers to be a real issue.

For clarity, I think the real issue is ATrpms forking Fedora by
overriding base packages; while it seems Axel thinks the real issue is
the "FUD" I am spreading about his repository.

I sincerly hope we can discuss the impact of repositories overriding
base packages instead of flaimbait for FUD issues.