FE non free repo

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Oct 30 20:00:03 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 08:04:14PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> I do think btw this repo shouldn't use the Fedora name, I would like it
> to use the Fedora infrastructure, and maybe even be added to
> Fedora-release (disabled by default), but it doesn't deserve to use the
> Fedora name :)

There is another important reason such a non-Fedora repository might be
useful - there is a huge amount of material available under creative
commons variants which is not software but is redistributable although not
in the "free software" definition.

The number and quantity of such data sets is only going to grow, and unlike
software there are many where the logic of licensing is not the same as
software (eg fiction books)

Alan