Re: Fedora for tiny devices - exessive dependencies

On Monday 02 April 2007, Peter Lemenkov wrote:

> Another one thing I want to mention - is there a way to tell yum to
> use --excludedocs flag?

echo "%_excludedocs 1" >> /etc/rpm/macros

> It should save another few tens of megabytes?

It does.  And my guess is that in F7 --excludedocs installs are much more
feasible than in earlier distro versions - a lot of packages have had their
install-info scriptlets made failsafe.  Some work remains though, at least:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=MODIFIED&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=failsafe+install-info