Fedora for tiny devices - exessive dependencies

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 19:57:46 UTC 2007

On Monday 02 April 2007 15:44:51 Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> Look, I understand that there are some people who like to read
> eula-hula and other very interesting things that can be easily taken
> from downloads.fedora.redhat.com or googled but I actually want to get
> an opportunity not to install them. :)

This is here partly for upgrade paths.  In the past, the release notes were a
part of fedora-release anyway, there was no separation.  We split them up so
that the Docs folks could work on the notes independently from the
fedora-release package.  To ensure that notes stayed on the system in the
event of upgrades, fedora-release requires the release-notes.

That said, for your tiny spin you could make an empty or tiny package that
provided fedora-release-notes that just had a single file explaining what the
LiveCD was for and all that.  You would be able to save a lot of space with
that.  Of course, then you wouldn't be able to call it Fedora, but then
again, I don't want to see something produced as "Fedora" that didn't include
our release notes.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora