Rename cvsextras to packager

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 21:59:19 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> Brian Pepple wrote:
>> On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 11:38 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
>>> The name 'cvsextras' is confusing.  We should rename it to something
>>> like 'packager' which reflects the actual purpose of the group.
>>>
>>> We should discuss this during today's FESCO meeting.
>>
>> Agreed.  I'll add it to the schedule.
>>

> Agreement during the FESCO meeting today is to delay renaming this, in
> order to avoid changing too many things at once.

Although that was based upon jeremy's desire to avoid making other
changes when the BIG change of CVS/buildsys merge is happening this weekend.

If the big merge becomes delayed (still uncertain), then I intend on
making the cvsextras -> packager rename happen sooner, in order to
reduce confusion in the resulting merged project.  Jeremy agreed to
this.  I will prepare for this in parallel.

Thursday through Sunday: identify all places that need cvsextras changed
to packagers.  Prepare all code and database changes.
Monday: If CVS/buildsys merge has not happened by this point, then get
buy-in from FESCO and FI, and do it.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com