New mirror layout for the merged core and extras

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Apr 6 11:21:29 UTC 2007

On Friday 06 April 2007 07:13:03 Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> I dislike a bit that /os/ is below Everything. How about something
> that's similar to what we have now below "core/{5,6}/"
>
> releases/7/
>           /<arch>/
>                  /iso/
>                  /os/{...}
>                  /debug/{...}
>
> <arch> = i386, ppc, x86_64, source
>
> The Prime, Live and Everything isos could live in the iso directory for
> each arch.

Why do you dislike that?  The idea was that Everything/ has the exploaded
content for every arch we build for, regardless if it is pulled into a spin
or not.  There wouldn't be any exploaded tree for the spins, as that
duplicates data and the iso itself can be used in a loopback manner for
network installs.  Having all the isos in the same directory makes nfsiso
installs tricky as anaconda might end up mounting too many isos.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora