Packages with "fc6" name in Fedora 7

Hi

The current thinking seems to be to just ignore them* but this is guaranteed to result in a lot of confusion. When end users do a distribution upgrade via yum or Anaconda, some of the packages might not have been updated to the Fedora 7 version due to incorrect packaging or other issues while the rest are packages which are deliberated not rebuild to avoid churn. Debugging a end user system with such a mix of packages is very painful.

I would suggest that we consider rebuilding just to avoid the confusion. I consider that a good enough "technical reason". The advantage of less churn in packages is lost quickly since packages receive updates fairly quickly in general.

Rahul

* https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2007-April/msg00032.html