Packages with "fc6" name in Fedora 7

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Apr 9 02:22:16 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 09:16:19PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Doing this type of rebuild at this point is a no-go IMHO.  We're trying to
> accomplish too many other things with this release.  I definitely would never
> want to see such a rebuild after the last test release, preferably I'd see it
> before the feature freeze since such rebuilds could pick up new "features".

That's a serious problem if the package then needs to be rebuilt for a
security issue and the new features creep in at that point. Speaking from
experience as someone who rebuilds a lot of packages, this is exactly the
reason to rebuild all packages at some point in the development cycle. It
sucks to discover that a package doesn't actually rebuild cleanly anymore
when you really need to do it urgently. Having the dist tag all match is a
nice side benefit.