Packages with "fc6" name in Fedora 7

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Apr 9 13:05:46 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 12:22:13PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Monday 09 April 2007, Matt Domsch wrote:
> > So, out of 4030 SRPMS total, 66 fail for one reason or another (some
> > ExclusiveArch-dependent failures in that list), or ~1.6%, aren't
> > building properly.
>
> Is there a way to file automated bug reports against these?

Not really; we did this all manually in the FC5 timeframe for the
failed-to-build-with-mock bugs.  Just need a generic blocker bug, then
individual package bugs that block the blocker bug, then my tool
prints out a nice report of what's known to be bad, and what's bad but
has no bug filed.

> Regarding the packages that built successfully, can you check if
> they at least look reasonably similar to the fc6 binary?
> We should probably also look into rebuilding packages which
> - do not have the same set of files or file permissions
> - have different dependencies
> - contain files that changed in size more than a given
>   percentage (e.g. 10%) during recompiling

My tool runs rpmlint and rpmdiff against all packages as they're
built and leaves the resulting logfiles in the result/ directory of
the package.  I don't have anything that will parse them for anything
though.  I'd be happy to run such a parser if it existed (hint hint).

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch