Question on how to handled "GPL with exceptions" in a package review.

Good Morning campers,

I've been working on the review of pigment and I had a question
concerning whether I need
to ask for a legal review of the license. Its GPL with an additional
exception clause. Now personally, I've no problem with the additional
clause but I aint no lawyer'n type monkey so take my opinion with a
grain of salt.  This is the first time I've come across a GPL with
additional exceptions license as a reviewer so I want to tread
carefully.

Do additional exceptions tacked on to the GPL require a legal review
or is this a best judgement situation?

-jef