[Minimizing Fedora] Langpacks for Firefox.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 03:47:27 UTC 2007

On 4/27/07, Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com> wrote:
> Once more, this is not a problem with translations but with the way
> firefox loads .xpi files.

Putting aside the issue of on-disk space for a moment.... and just
focusing on the "potential" issue raised concerning runtime impact of
parsing all these languages addons.  In your estimation, would it be
worthwhile to enhance firefox with a way to simply disable all
languages other than the current locale? It's not clear to me there is
a measurable runtime difference between having them all disabled or
enabled at startup.  I've disabled all of them manually in the
addon-ons interface but I'm not sure its really impacting the startup
time at all. Does disabling them in the addon interface prevent the
xpi files from being parsed?

-jef