two questions

John Pye john at curioussymbols.com
Thu Aug 9 13:48:11 UTC 2007

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join#head-5fe724060ca02046dde01278eb83f8a02dca3929
>>>
>>> You basically use Bodhi to request the package to be pushed to
>>> updates-testing. After staying there for a week or so, if there are no
>>> bugs you again request it to be pushed to updates.
>>>

>> OK, as far as I can tell, I have pushed both 'fityk' and 'sundials' to
>> Fedora Updates Testing. Should I expect to see them here?
>> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/testing/7/i386/
>>
>> If not, where? Or is there a delay?
>>
>> And where can I check to see that the package has gone out to FC6 users?
>> (is there a 'testing' repository for that one too?)
>>

> Packages built in the FC-6/ branch (make build) will go out without any
> additional work.

I tried to find them in the 'repobrowser' but they're not there yet.
What's the delay on that? Perhaps if I'm guessing, the repobrowser
static pages are rebuilt nightly?

> Packages built in the F-7/ branch (and future stable branches) will need
> to have an update generated in bodhi and be pushed to either testing or
> updates before they will show up in either the testing or updates
> repository. You'll get an email notifying you when this happens, there
> is a slight delay here.

Should I take that to mean minutes, hours or days? Where can I check
authoritatively to determine that they are now available for general
download?

> Packages built in the devel/ branch will go into the repo without any
> additional work.

OK

Cheers
JP