Fwd: gdal in EPEL

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Aug 21 14:05:04 UTC 2007

On 21.08.2007 15:18, Balint Cristian wrote:

>  Recently i builded some packages in EPEL sucessfully but it cant be seen in the repo:
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/
>
> Does it after build require some further step for being seen ?
>
> e.g gdal, ogdi, libgeotiff

Hehe  ;-) -- two days ago I send this mail
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-August/msg00475.html
on this list which contained:

>> Reminder: now that EPEL is officially announced all new and updates
>> EPEL packages go straight to EPEL-testing and *not* to the stable repo.
>> EPEL-testing packages will (if everything is sane) get moved to stable
>> repo in parallel with a quarterly RHEL update. [...]

So you can find your packages in
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/testing/5/i386/

There are some discussions to push more often to stable, put pushing to
testing by default seems to be the safest bet to make sure we have repo
without broken deps with packages that actually work. Especially due to
the fact that we in the initial EPEL buildup phase (e.g. until the
annoucement) we had lots of broken deps (which one also could imply as:
"the maintainer built blindly without even checking once if the package
actually works").

CU
knurd