Process Change: Package Reviews with Flags

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 05:30:11 UTC 2007

On 2/3/07, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> wrote:
> I kind of like the moving of assigned. It shows who next needs to take
> action. Of course something like NEEDINFO (emailaddress) might work as
> well.

I don't.  It's an extra step that most people will forget to do.  I'm
just not going to bother, I'm going to assign it to me (the reviewer)
and be done with it.  Plus, was there *ever* any confusion before this
change as to who next needs to take action??  I simply do not see any
extra benefit from all this extra work.

We are supposed to be making things *easier*, not more difficult.
Another case is all these extras steps, now not only do we have to
rely on someone to make cvs branches, we also have to rely on someone
to add entries to owners.list, next it will be comps, then we will
have to get permissions just to edit our own packages!

I do *not* like the direction things have been moving recently.  I
sincerely hope that these problems will be worked out and things will
eventually get simpler and more streamlined.  I want to see less red
tape, not more.