Discourage cvs-import (was: Re: Plan for tomorrows (20070222) FESCO meeting)

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Feb 22 17:48:41 UTC 2007

> Please at least don't break cvs-import.sh for non-initial commits.  It's
> _way_ more pleasant to use when updating tarballs than make upload or
> make new-source.

+1

cvs-import is the most sane way to update an rpm when we are upstream.
There are quite a few rpm's for which we are the upstream and importing
into 'dist cvs' is just the final step after preparing a new release. I
really don't want some tool forcing me to review the changes I just made
to make sure I approve of my own work.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit San Diego  |  May 9-11, 2007
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/2007