install-info scriptlet failures

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Jan 4 19:49:41 UTC 2007

Having lately played around with (very) minimal installs, I was surprised to
find how many packages' scriptlets fail on "%_excludedocs 1" setups.  I've
filed bugs against all Extras packages where I found the issue, as well as a
bunch of Core packages that had more problems than a simple non-failsafe
scriptlet (info files being erased on upgrades etc).

In a nutshell, install-info in scriptlets should be protected both against the
info files not existing (%_excludedocs 1) and
read-only %_netsharedpath /usr/share installations.  More info at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ScriptletSnippets

60 easyfix Core packages remain - I'd rather not file bugs against all of
them, so here are the patches: http://koti.welho.com/vskytta/install-infos/

List of affected packages:

a2ps
am-utils