Disttag for Fedora 7 and beyond

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Fri Jan 5 17:53:13 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 12:17 -0500, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> >> - of a mass rebuild
> >
> > Which is likely to get done anyway around Test2.  It's been done for the
> > past 2 releases.
>
> ...because of significant changes to the toolchain, not because we like
> to do them.  There's no guarantee we'll need one in any given release cycle.

Over the past couple of releases we have done mass rebuilds also to
ensure that packages have active maintainers, and not solely for
toolchain fixes/etc. (Though, I don't remember if this was Extras only
or all of Core as well.)
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479