Freeze for Test1 is in 2 weeks + 1 day

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jan 9 13:11:00 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 03:30, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Let's say I have a package with next upstream release announced around the
> freeze time (+/- 2 days IIRC¹). If I want to get it in test1, can I wait
> for upstream release or push a rc now and "fix" it after freeze?
>
> ¹ we all know releases can slip a little

Depends on the quality of the upstream RC releases.  If you're confident, I'd
say go ahead, but if you're just guessing, I'd say please no.  Also, the
freeze deadline isn't a deadline to get all your untested builds in.  One of
the reasons we have so many slips is that people rush their builds to get in
before the freeze and then we have this huge crap pile that we have to
stabilize during the freeze, which just takes time.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora