EPEL Branches

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Jan 11 17:13:43 UTC 2007

Hey All,

As most of you are aware we are working on setting up EPEL,

What is EPEL?

It is a port of Fedora to RHEL (and clones)

how is it working?

right now slowly :( What we are doing is creating branches for EL as requested
EL-4 branches are created off of FC-3 if it exists and devel otherwise.  EL-5
branches from devel

Who can request branches?

Sponsors, people who maintain 5 or more packages.  ( We will open up to
everyone once we have all the pieces in place)

Some other notes

RHEL is supported for 7 years. and has strict binary compatability for that
time period. This will not be a matter of bumping to the latest release all
the time.  dependencies may not be met.

So please request branches in the usual place if you want to participate.
Please ask questions and provide feedback.  We want this to be a big bonus
for the community.

Dennis