EPEL Branches

Tim Burke tburke at redhat.com
Thu Jan 11 19:04:39 UTC 2007

Chris Ricker wrote:

> Also, with the brave new world of Core and Extras merged, is it just
> "anything in Fedora that's not in RHEL is fine for EPEL", or what?

Perhaps a small distinction, but I think the definition is a little
broader.. ie a little more than RHEL... extending to the layered
products.  Specifically, I propose that EPEL is "FE stuff that RH
doesn't otherwise ship that someone volunteers to do the work in EPEL".
That would preclude things like our cluster and directory server
packages from simply being rebuilt and pushed in EPEL.