new features in package CVS

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jan 31 04:20:43 UTC 2007

> > > As initialcclist is used to feed into bugzilla, it contains e-mail
> > > addresses for people who aren't in the account system at all; ergo,
> > > it's ignored for this.
> >
> > i.e. any attempts to co-maintainership has just been killed.
>
> Whaaaaa? Heck, I already have a list of 17 co-maintainers for 500 packages
> to add when we get packages moved over (yikes).
>
> The problem is, inital cc list can't just be imported, as there are
> e-mail addresses in there that aren't in the account system, aren't
> fedora maintainers, etc.
Yes ...

> If you'd like, we can add multiple owners in the owner section of
> owners.list - I'm just afraid that that's going to break someone
> else's scripts.
Adding oneself to initialcc-list had been the way to denote
co-maintainership in FE - It had rarely been used, but it had been used
(I did).

Also, I am sorry, finding this acl and "ask before import" to be
counter-productive and non-helpful.

1. It's yet another bureaucratic hurdle to drive people away from
   Fedora.
2. It's a big push away from "collaboration" towards "province dukes
   controlling their packages/fencing off against others".
3. How do you want to handle "emergency situations"? In the past,
  I've repeatedly silently intervened into packages, if they were
  causing damage.

Ralf