Re: Policy for retiring packages?

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 14:59 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> do we have such a thing? How do old packages get recycled? Any way to
> predict packages being deleted from the repo?
>
> (this is important for 3rd party repo yum support, especially in the
> kernel and kmdl area)

AFAIK we have policy for what to do but not a policy on when it can
happen.  I think the policy is spread out on these three pages::

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/RetiredPackages
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/OrphanedPackages

-Toshio