Fedora Core 5 Retirement

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Fri Jul 6 17:54:07 UTC 2007

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 22:40:05 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> I would very strongly vote in favor of: "WONTFIX; please reopen this bug against F7 if it still exists there."
>
> >From one of the QA meetings a month or so back I took the action item to create a proposal for how to deal with bugzillas like this.  I'll try to have something proposed on the wiki by the start of next week.

FWIW, when FC4 was EOL'd, I mass updated the fc4 targeted BZ tickets
into NEEDINFO state with the following comment:
----
This report targets the FC3 or FC4 products, which have now been EOL'd.

Could you please check that it still applies to a current Fedora release, and
either update the target product or close it ?

Thanks.
----
470 fc4-targeted tickets are still in this state (which I think I'll
just WONTFIX close soon).

I seem to remember some folks did as asked, and a few sent me hate
mails about not fixing the problem... :-)

I can do a mass update to NEEDINFO for the fc5 blocking bugs if we
decide that's the best way to go.

Cheers,