Re: gtk-update-icon-cache %posttrans (was Re: Error output from rpm pre/post scripts)

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

Le Dim 8 juillet 2007 20:00, Toshio Kuratomi a écrit :

I thought the cost of running scrollkeeper-update over all the omf
files
was higher.  A quick test shows that it is comparable to ldconfig and
gtk-update-icon-cache so you're right, we could call it at the end of
all transactions.

Is the new end-of-transaction-hook per-package or per-transaction? We
have   a ton of caching & indexing scriptlets that really want to be
run once regardless of the number of packages that ask for them.

Per transaction is what at least I am talking about :)

	- Panu -