Fever available for all packages

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Jul 11 13:19:19 UTC 2007

On Di Juli 10 2007, Michał Bentkowski wrote:
> 2007/7/10, Jima <jima at beer.tclug.org>:
> >   If we were going with the one-CVS-module approach, I'd at least keep
> > each package's regexp in their own file (fever/package.txt instead of
> > package/fever.txt or whatnot).  That would reduce conflicts to almost
> > nothing.
> >
> >       Jima
>
> This seems to be the best way for me.

How about using package/fever.txt as the interface to the packager and
creating a fever/package.txt file somewhere with a post-commit hook, that
checks whether or not there was a change to package/fever.txt and when there
was copies the file to fever.package.txt? Imho the fever regex belongs to the
package and not to the repository. And with a package/fever.txt it would be
possible to create a makefile target that shows whether or not the latest
version is already in the spec, which may be useful, too.

Regards,
Till