Looking for people to trade reviews with.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jul 13 15:31:44 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 16:52 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Well, this is what the upstream / manufacturer provided SDK uses, and I would
> rather not deviate from that. Also I haven't tested cross compiling the kernel
> with the toolchain yet.

OTOH 'make headers_install' is what the upstream kernel does, and I
would rather we didn't deviate from that :)

> Can I just take a kernel run "make menuconfig" and then
> "make headers_install" ? Do you know what config I should use for the gp2x
> handheld? (arm based handheld console)

You can do 'make ARCH=arm headers_install'. You don't need to do any
configuration.

(Please stop for a moment and then think about what the world would be
like if the kernel's configuration made a difference to the
kernel<->user ABI -- other than just meaning that some features are
unavailable and return -ENOSYS etc. :)

--
dwmw2