Repoview-0.6.0

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 20 00:07:29 UTC 2007

Hello, everyone:

Repoview version 0.6.0 is available and should make life much easier
-- this version introduces state tracking, so now repoview is aware of
changes between runs. This means that it only generates and writes the
files that have actually changed, which makes it extremely fast for
small changes and also makes it rsync-friendly.

This came at a sacrifice of a couple of things -- notably, the code is
messier and not as elegant, which is why refactoring is slated for
0.7. Also, the left-side bar is now mostly unused, in order to
simplify state-tracking.

Most importantly, repoview now requires .sqlite databases in repodata
directory, which means that it only supports repositories generated
with createrepo -d.

Special thanks to Michael Schwendt who gave me lots of ideas.

You can get the tarball here:
http://mricon.com/trac/wiki/Repoview

I will update the devel branch of the fedora tree soon.

Cheers,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Montréal, Québec