use disttag ".1" for devel to avoid confusion (was: Re: Plan for tomorrow's (20070604) Release Engineering meeting)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Jun 4 15:20:47 UTC 2007

On 04.06.2007 16:13, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Brian Pepple wrote:
>>> I would suggest to consider at least one full rebuild [1] before the
>>> final freeze (e.g. as part of the pre-freeze process) and of course to
>>> allow for enough time between the freeze and the GA to shake out any
>>> bugs that will surface by that process.
>> This is on FESCo's schedule to discuss after F7 was released.
> Note that this has caused mass confusion as I thought it would. It is
> not just about technical requirements.

The idea to use ".1" as disstag for devel (discusses weeks ago) still
stands.

The idea in short: x.1 is higher then x.fc7 and avoid the confusion if a
package doesn't get rebuild during a devel cycle; and if there later is
a update after releases x simply gets increased -- so there would no
need to got for "x.2".

I can outline the idea further if anybody is interested.

Cu
thl