use disttag ".1" for devel to avoid confusion (was: Re: Plan for tomorrow's (20070604) Release Engineering meeting)

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Tue Jun 5 09:54:41 UTC 2007

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 02:46:52 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> > > I think I'll start assigning all bugs that show up due to missing
> > > rebuilds to Michael. :)
> >
> > Do you keep a list already? Put it in the Wiki, and I'm certain,
> > more people will take a close look at it.
>
> No, assigning to you will be more fun. ;)

Where is the funny part of it?

You plan something in bugzilla which you believe will annoy me. Guerrilla
tactics. If you are serious about doing such things, your sponsor ought to
watch you. If you just play with words here, the boring end of this thread
has been reached finally. I understand a lot of fun, but I just don't see
the goal of your plans.

Certainly various people would be interested in learning about facts that
might help in deciding on an adjusted roadmap. So, if you know about bugs
which an unattended rebuild would have fixed, document it somewhere,
please, so it can be evaluated. Mail, Wiki, tracker bug, whatever seems
appropriate.

Perhaps you've missed some of the development at Fedora. I'm not anymore
involved in a position like FESCo where I'm a target which you believe is
easy and worthwhile to point the finger at. Policies and guidelines are
signed by other people and proposed by even different people. Even in the
past multiple people have made the decisions and not just me. Get over
it.