JUST DO IT Re: Announcements list for packagers

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 04:09:35 UTC 2007

Christopher Aillon wrote:
> David Anderson wrote:
>> I'd like to +1 the recent suggestions for a mailing list solely
>> dedicated to spreading necessary information to packagers.
>
> Actually, I thought that was this list.  Can we move all the other
> discussion to fedora-devel?

This list is supposed to be for discussions.

They are asking for a development announcement only list.

Many want this.

It is insane that a few key fedora leaders are against this, because
they feel that everyone should be reading everything on these flooded
discussion lists, and if they miss anything then it is their fault.

For this reason, FESCO approved a development announce-only list for
important stuff to cut through the noise of discussion lists.

But it was never launched due to disagreement from key people.

I think we should JUST DO IT.

This wouldn't be the first list that I created where other people
thought it wouldn't be worthwhile.