JUST DO IT Re: Announcements list for packagers

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 04:15:56 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> Christopher Aillon wrote:
>> David Anderson wrote:
>>> I'd like to +1 the recent suggestions for a mailing list solely
>>> dedicated to spreading necessary information to packagers.
>>
>> Actually, I thought that was this list.  Can we move all the other
>> discussion to fedora-devel?
>>

> This list is supposed to be for discussions.
>
> They are asking for a development announcement only list.

Let's make this explicitly clear.

fedora-announce-list
Project level announcements, news mainly for users.

fedora-package-announce
Subscribe to receive notifications of new/updated packages.

fedora-devel-announce
Announcements specifically for developers.  Stuff like policy,
infrastructure or tool changes that would be relevant to developers.
VERY INFREQUENT posts that rise above the difficult to follow bulk of
the devel/maintainers discussion lists.  THIS IS WHAT IS NEEDED.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com