Plan for tomorrow's (20070604) Release Engineering meeting

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 14:46:34 UTC 2007

> On Tuesday 05 June 2007 20:46:49 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Problem with that is many testers did not know when the devel repository
> > moves beyond Fedora 7 into Fedora 8 and ended with a number of broken
> > FC8 packages. I don't know whether we consider it a problem worth
> > solving but I have seen it bite a considerably large number of folks
> > this time.
>
> Maybe you're just paying more attention this time.  This is not a new problem
> (nor a problem in many eyes).  Using rawhide comes with consequences.  I
> announced when we were changing to pick up new rawhide packages.

At the same time, since we've already said we want to look at how to
make test releases (and testing test releases) more streamlined, maybe
we can also include this as something to consider.  Because people
installing test releases don't necessarily expect to be getting onto the
rawhide train forever and installing and testing test releases is
definitely something we want to encourage.

Jeremy