general mailing list reorganization? (was Re: RFC: fedora-devel-announce)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jun 7 17:07:18 UTC 2007

On 07.06.2007 18:55, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> I asked for the Board's opinion on fedora-advisory-board ; maybe the
>> board can make it a higher priority *if* we want it to be one.
> If we get more people requesting it it will be easier to justify giving
> it a higher priority.

Well, the Board afaics months ago already agreed that we need to do
something. We just let it slip a bit due to the merge being more
important ;-)

>>>   We have
>>> a current working solution in place right now for this.
>> You mean the mailman that runs this list? Or for a
>> lists.fedoraproject.org? I'm fine with doing the reorganization on this
>> server, but back months ago a lot of people wanted a dedicated server.
> Nope, I mean where its hosted now.

As I said: I'm fine with continuing to use it. But back earlier this year

1. -- people wanted to get a subdomain with a "list" prefix
2. -- I think there were concerns because none of us had direct access
to the mailman servers
3. -- people wanted to be independent of red hat

Mike are the solution to problem "2"? Could the first problem maybe
solved with an alias or something like that? The only point "3" would
remain.

Cu
thl