verifying comps

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 19:38:24 UTC 2007

Jeff Spaleta (jspaleta at gmail.com) said:
> >Not sure, other than 'make sure maintainers know that they should
> >requrest it be added/add it themselves' when the package gets imported;
> >I did a run-through a few weeks before F7 looking for things that
> >should be in comps.
>
> "should be"... that's the 24 thousand dollar question. What was your
> criteria when you did your run-through? Where you looking for packages
> with .desktop files?

1. Language-specific stuff that needed thrown in the language groups
2. Apps that either a) are fairly mature in well-understood categories
(music players, etc.) or b) are fairly unique (Democracy, moodle)
3. well-known server/web things (mediawiki, Django, gallery2)

Not sure there are any real hard and fast rules.

Bill