Bodhi can push updates with broken dependencies?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 13:14:02 UTC 2007

On Thursday 14 June 2007 08:54:44 Matthias Saou wrote:
> I was wondering... it seems that bodhi can push updates with broken
> dependencies if I'm not mistaken. The current kernel from "updates"
> requires the newer mkinitrd which is still in "updates-testing" from
> what I can see :-/
>
> Almost certainly a known bug or limitation, but just in case...

It's a current limitation.  Repclosure is very slow, especially when you take
multilib into account.  We'd love to be able to tell when a package is
submitted that it will break deps, or when I 'prep' for release that it will
break deps, but these are not currently cheap operations.  This has to be
solved, and I'm not entirely sure how to do this yet, but I'm open for
reasonable suggestions.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora