Bodhi can push updates with broken dependencies?

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Thu Jun 14 14:06:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:14:02 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Thursday 14 June 2007 08:54:44 Matthias Saou wrote:
> > I was wondering... it seems that bodhi can push updates with broken
> > dependencies if I'm not mistaken. The current kernel from "updates"
> > requires the newer mkinitrd which is still in "updates-testing" from
> > what I can see :-/
> >
> > Almost certainly a known bug or limitation, but just in case...
>
> It's a current limitation.  Repclosure is very slow, especially when you take
> multilib into account.

Better run it, it takes only 10-15 minutes. And multilib packages should
not break so often. In Extras they have lead to a few false positives when
somebody released ABI incompatible updates, but no packager has ever
complained about that, since usually it is obvious when a broken deps
report refers to multilib breakage (e.g. i386.rpm in repo-x86_64).

With koji it might even be possible to use some of the package Req/Prov
details in the koji database. But until this is implemented and tested,
we should reuse existing tools wherever it makes sense.