Dependencies issue on the update process

Jochen Schmitt Jochen at herr-schmitt.de
Thu Jun 14 16:18:56 UTC 2007

Hello,

unfortunately, the following issue with the update process was rise for me.

I'm the maintainer of luma package and one guy has complaint, that luma
doesn't work
correctly on Fedora 7. (#221167).

Now I have found out, that this was raise by the python-ldap-2.0.c
package, which
is not compatible to Python 2.5 which is installed on Fedora 7. When I
installed
python-ldap-2.3 luma works fine.

Now I want to add a

Requires: python-ldap >= 2.3

in my package to make sure, that python-ldap-2.3 will be installed, if
any user
try to install luma on Fedora 7.

Unfortunately, koji doesn't include the update-testing repository for
the F-7 update
build, so I have waiting until the maintainer of python-ldap will
release his package
as stable. So I have to create and submit my update request after
python-ldap 2.3 will
be released as an stable update.

I think it will be nice, if we can has any improvement to avoid this
kind of bottlelacke.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt