[Fwd: [Fedora Update] [comment] evince-0.8.0-6.fc7]

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Jun 20 19:52:01 UTC 2007

> On Wednesday 20 June 2007 12:59:48 Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Actually bodhi should just create a bugzilla entry with the right
> > context when someone wants to comment on an update (and link it on the
> > bodhi page)
>
> Mapping the commenter to a valid bugzilla ID is hard, mapping it to bodhi
> guarantees you get no feedback from bug comments.
>
> I think the idea of comments was to allow commentary on the update coming from
> those without bugzilla accounts or without the overhead of bugzilla.  Things
> like "this solved my problem" or "this update works great for me" aren't
> really suitable for bugzilla.  But capturing those in the update entry rather
> than a mailing list seems ideal.

What if bodhi put a link to a bugzilla query that would pull up all the
recent bug activity for the package?

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=Fedora&version=devel&component=kernel&component_text=&query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=MODIFIED&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&fixed_in_type=allwordssubstr&fixed_in=&qa_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&qa_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=exact&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=exact&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&changedin=14&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Bug+Number+Ascending&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

(BTW, is there a way to specify in the URL what columns are displayed?
I was able to change my display to include the changed/opened date
but bugzilla seems to handle that through cookies or something like
that).

Jeff