Missing PAGE_MASK macro on PPC arches

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jun 25 14:21:23 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 16:03 +0200, Balint Cristian wrote:
> > Yep, we just should use getpagesize() for now.

> I agree. But what about binutils than ?
> ../../bfd/trad-core.c:117: error: 'PAGE_SIZE' undeclared (first use in this function)
> ^^^

Fedora's binutils seems to work fine. And I don't even see any patches
correcting the error you quote.

> I have same problem on alpha, only one arch (till now) wich page.h doesnt export
> PAGE_SIZE, so i used to move PAGE_SIZE out of kernel pragma space like:

That is the wrong approach. If there are programs which still rely on
PAGE_SIZE, then _fix_ them.

At some point I plan to remove page.h _completely_ from the upstream
kernel's exports, like I did atomic.h.

--
dwmw2