cvs configuration filename change

Hiyas,

after using "make i386" after a long time, I noticed that the config file for
the Fedora Makefiles has beed renamed from .cvsextrasrc to .cvspkgsrc.

Was this announced anywhere? Was this documented anywhere? I cannot find
anything about it in the wiki. Why did not only be the new config file
(.cvspkgsrc) and the old one still be used but an warning be printed when one
uses it?

Please document and announce major changes like this.

Regards,
Till